The LGBTQ+ community says president has turned back the clock

MilHojas

Registered
I mentioned the danger of this before the election, and I was shouted down by the Milei supporters, who insisted that he wasn't like that.

To be fair, there was violence against the LGBTQ+ community under Peronist national governments also, it's just a matter of degrees.

The usual Google Translate deal, banner is in Castellano and story will initially appear in that tongue, but wait a few seconds and it will change to English.

Last edited:
This shocking crime a few days ago shows that intolerance is growing in Buenos Aires . There are now nearly no organizations that attend to complaints of hate crimes as the mantra of no hay plata has desmantled it all !

Before politicizing this horrible crime and laying the blame on the president of the country, try paying attention to the news from every single year before his election. And all this is con plata.

If you want to politicize this, then you should first be prepared to answer why did the states money and employees on their payroll fail to stop these past and surprisingly regular attacks for so many decades?

Perhaps you’d also like to clarify which laws have been changed by this government to have “turned back the clock”…

Last edited:
Imho the LGBTQ acceptance is mostly a BA city phenomena, in reality mostly circumscribed to a small number of neighborhoods ( Palermo, Recoleta, etc ) that was amplified by the media during the last decade, and promoted through political propaganda. The reality in the rest of the country little has changed in the last 30 years afaik. This crime does not surprise me, it is nothing new and honestly blaming it on the current administration is unfair. I, for one, don't think gender diversity respect is something you impose on people but it takes years of education, not propaganda. Same happens with racism. Forcing changes in the language, etc. means nothing. This is proof of it.

Intolerance has grown enormously of late and this is very obvious when you see the violent vitriol of people online these days attacking anyone who believes in social programs and support for government programs that assist the most vulnerable. I have never in my life heard so much hateful comments as now attacking the needy as parasites and fully blaming then for the sitiation we are in . This climate of intolerance breeds hate and negative energy to many groups of vulnerable people . Argentina was known to be the most tolerant of the americas and this created a special vibe in Buenos Aires . Tourism is one of our main earners and has transforned Argentina in the last years .

This shocking crime a few days ago shows that intolerance is growing in Buenos Aires . There are now nearly no organizations that attend to complaints of hate crimes as the mantra of no hay plata has desmantled it all !

You don't need a whole government agency that consumes tens of millions of dollars to deal with hate crimes when kids are starving in this country.

If someone sets another person on fire for whatever reason that's a crime and should be prosecuted.

Intolerance has grown enormously of late and this is very obvious when you see the violent vitriol of people online these days attacking anyone who believes in social programs and support for government programs that assist the most vulnerable. I have never in my life heard so much hateful comments as now attacking the needy as parasites and fully blaming then for the sitiation we are in . This climate of intolerance breeds hate and negative energy to many groups of vulnerable people . Argentina was known to be the most tolerant of the americas and this created a special vibe in Buenos Aires . Tourism is one of our main earners and has transforned Argentina in the last years .
Blaming poor people (and immigrants) for all the country's problems: works every time...

The real cause is corruption and populism: when tax paying hard working people are shown how other people were handled social plans and traveled to the world cup, or took vacations abroad, or actually live abroad while getting social plans, or when are shown how Argentine people are left to die after accidents because they cannot pay hospital bills while people of these same countries organize health tours to come and use all of Argentine hospitals and services for free, then you cannot blame them for being angry. Of course they should not turn against the needy and I believe in social help ( the kind that promotes social re insertion and does not perpetuate the need for help, except for exceptional cases ). But then, you also have parasites and corrupt officers. I am all about helping the vulnerable, I do not enjoy being robbed.

Imho the LGBTQ acceptance is mostly a BA city phenomena, in reality mostly circumscribed to a small number of neighborhoods ( Palermo, Recoleta, etc ) that was amplified by the media during the last decade, and promoted through political propaganda. The reality in the rest of the country little has changed in the last 30 years afaik. This crime does not surprise me, it is nothing new and honestly blaming it on the current administration is unfair. I, for one, don't think gender diversity respect is something you impose on people but it takes years of education, not propaganda. Same happens with racism. Forcing changes in the language, etc. means nothing. This is proof of it.
I do not believe in social engineering and never was in favor of inclusive language nor promoting of gender diversity in womans sports . What I object to is the defunding of organizations that help the most vulnerable of our society . If there is corruption weed it out but just to just dynamite it all is not a solution . The needy and most vulnerable who now make up 60 percent of the population need understanding and assistance as to get themselves back on their feet as to make Argentina great again

Back